FAQ Obesity Clinic
Frequently Asked Questions
A video explanation is available also
2.Is it hard to learn how to use the program?
No. The program is very simple to use. Once you are logged into your system, you can watch videos for every step of the process. Simply click the "question marks" on the screen when you log in.
3. My Doctor asked me to sign up for Mapmyrun as an adjunct to the program, how do I do that?
Please download mapmyrun to your mobile phone from your android or apple app store. Here is a video of how to create an account on a personal computer.
4. Are there costs for this program, does insurance cover this, and how do I sign up?
After a $50 administrative fee, there are two options: Insurance coverage model for patients with certain medical diagnoses. We will check with your insurance company to see if you have any coverage. Generally in order for insurance coverage the patient must have diabetes mellitus, pre-diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure.
5. How often do I need to visit the office and doctor?
For now the doctor will see you on your regularly scheduled appointment dates.
At the start of the weight loss phase, It would be ideal if you would be able to meet with the physician at least every 4-6 weeks to review your progress in person. After several months it can change to every 2 months.
- Visit 0: discussion of program. $50 start up fee. Questionnaire should be completed at home.
- Visit 1: weight loss "diet-prescription" and "exercise prescription" are given and meet with educator for discussion
- Visit 2: Six weeks later discussion of progress, assessment if you ready to continue. Consideration of weight loss medications.
- Visit 3, 4, and 5: meet with educator and the doctor at 4 to 6 week intervals to assess progress. There will be a complete an in-depth food assessment of nutritional intake. Each visit takes about 30 minutes.
- Visit 6: begin maintenance phase if weight loss is achieved or advised for more intense therapy. Future visits will be discussed.
6. Does this involve weight loss medication?
If a weight loss prescription is used, your must demonstrate you are following the program.
7. Do I need to be overweight to be in the program?
Yes, at this time we are enrolling patients with a body mass index of 26 or higher.
8. Who can join?
Only established patients currently seeing Dr. Jogi or Dr. Elhaj can participate. These patients must be willing and able to enter all foods eaten into the online program via an internet-connected computer or smartphone or tablet.