|Once you have selected Houston Thyroid and Endocrine Specialists to manage your endocrine condition, you will have the support of our friendly staff. Our top priority is to educate our patients in a warm, welcoming environment.|
|Find the Office & Arrive Early
Follow these driving directions for the medical center location so you can arrive in the waiting room 15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time to be fully registered.
If you have not completed a new patient packet, your appointment is not guaranteed so plan to arrive ONE HOUR prior to appointment time to complete the paper work.
The New Patient Packet
The Packet must be received at least 3 days prior prior to your appointment. The sooner the packet is received the sooner it can be reviewed by our staff which can possibly expedite your appointment. Use chrome or Internet explorer, or safari only.
**Patients who have not have not submitted their packet ahead of time will have appointments canceled or rescheduled in consideration of other prepared patients.
You have three options to submit your new patient packet and previous records. Do Not email the packet as this is not a secure form of communication.
- Upload it securely to us right now. (Best option)
Enter your name & correct email address, continue to the upload page, attach the completed new patient packet that is saved on your computer. See below on how to ensure your packet is not saved as a blank form.
- Complete, print, then Fax securely to 713.795.0855
- Mail to New Patient Coordinator, 6624 Fannin Street. Suite 2260. Houston, TX 77030. Please make sure it arrives 3 days ahead of the scheduled appointment
HOW TO PREVENT SENDING US A BLANK NEW PATIENT PACKET VIA SECURE UPLOAD:
- If you are going to upload the new patients packet electronically, then the best format for submitting the packet is PDF. Using the paid or trial version of Adobe Acrobat Professional fill out and save the completed PDF to your computer desktop. OPEN the saved document prior to uploading to ensure your data was saved properly. The free version of adobe-reader which most people have should work but please check the saved version to make sure it is not blank. If you only have the free version then you will need to print out the completed packet then scan into a computer for upload, or mail, or fax to us.
- Other options to create a completed saved-electronic copy of the filled out forms:
1) Open the packet via Google Chrome browser- download here for free. Within Google Chrome fill out the form online and DO NOT attempt to "save as PDF" file, instead right click and select "PRINT" --> then "change destination" to "save as PDF" --> then save to your desktop. Here are step-by-step instructions
2) Consider "printing" the completed packet as an image file to your desktop.
REVIEW other important documents, release of information forms, and detailed driving directions.
- We must receive the new patient packet at least 3 days prior to your appointment, otherwise we assume you have canceled your appointment.